THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, July 13, 2008

AA thoughs for today

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Triumph
^*^*^
"It is only at the moment when a member ceases to drink
that he asserts the right to
describe himself as an alcoholic. . .
What an unthinking world may look upon as defeat,
alcoholics in AA know as a triumph of the spirit,
a triumph of humility over false pride and self-centeredness. How few human
beings ever have the courage
to stand up before their neighbors and, in humility,
describing themselves truthfully, to say:
'This is what I really am.' "

1985AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, p. 278

^*^*^*^*^*

Thought to Consider . . .

Veni, vidi, velcro ... I came, I saw, I stuck around.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
A A = Adventurers Anonymous

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*
Inexplicable
From "Why? I Don't Know":
"I don't attempt to explain with reason and logic why these things happen. When they happen, I just accept them. I feel perhaps that God, as I understand Him, found it necessary for me to suffer the pain and anguish of an addicted alcoholic and to go through the slow and, for me, difficult program of recovery in A.A. in order to be prepared and willing to do His will. I am grateful and thankful that God has given this to me. Perhaps it is because I take the Third Step every morning. My hopes and prayers are that each day I will be able to maintain this conscious contact with God. Kingsport, Tennessee, USA"

1973 AAWS, Inc.; Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 70


*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*
HUMILITY IS A GIFT

As long as we placed self-reliance first, a genuine reliance upon a Higher Power was out of the question. That basic ingredient of all humility, a desire to seek and do God's will, was missing.

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 72

When I first came to A.A., I wanted to find some of the elusive quality called humility. I didn't realize I was looking for humility because I thought it would help me get what I wanted, and that I would do anything for others if I thought God would somehow reward me for it. I try to remember now that the people I meet in the course of my day are as close to God as I am ever going to get while on this earth. I need to pray for knowledge of God's will today, and see how my experiences with hope and pain can help other people; if I can do that, I don't need to search for humility, it has found me.
Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

*~*~*~*~*^As Bill Sees It^*~*~*~*~*
The Obsession and the Answer

The idea that somehow, someday, he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death.
<<<>>>
Alcoholism, not cancer, was my illness, but what was the difference? Was not Alcoholism took longer to do its killing, but the result was the same. So, I
decided, if there was a great Physician who could cure the alcoholic
sickness, I had better seek Him at once.

1. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, P. 30
2. A.A. COMES OF AGE, P. 61

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book Quote ^*~*~*~*~*
"Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and
fear. When these crop up, we ask God at once to remove them. We
discuss them with someone immediately and make amends quickly if we
have harmed anyone. Then we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone
we can help. Love and tolerance of others is our code."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 84

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*
A.A. Thought for the Day

Before alcoholics come into A.A., they are "flying blind." But A.A. gives
them a directed beam in the A.A. program. As long as they keep on this beam, the signal of sobriety keeps coming through. If they have a slip, the signal is broken. if they swing off course into drunkenness, the signal stops.
Unless they regain the A.A. directed beam, they are in danger of crashing
against the mountain peak of despair. Am I on the beam?

Meditation for the Day

Be expectant. Constantly expect better things. Believe that what God has in
store for you is better than anything you ever had before. The way to grow
old happily is to expect better things right up to the end of your life and
even beyond that. A good life is a growing, expanding life, with ever
widening horizons, an ever greater circle of friends and acquaintances, and
an ever greater opportunity for usefulness.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may await with complete faith for the next good thing in store
for me. I pray that I may always keep an expectant attitude toward life.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

0 comments: